News from chapter member Dorothy Simpson Krause:
Book + Art: Handcrafting Artists’ Books
by Dorothy Simpson Krause, has just been published by North Light.
Focusing on content and suggesting simple and elegant ways of
presenting it in book form, it covers:
• An introduction to bookmaking tools and materials
• The basics of selecting paper and other substrates
• Traditional and digital ways to incorporate images and words
• Blank books and altered books
• Handmade book structures including multiple examples of single sheet, glued and sewn books
• Alternative presentations including unbound collections, boxes and sculptural forms.
With Examples chosen from more than 50 books produced in the last decade, Projects, Tips and Creative Explorations, Book + Art contains a wealth of information designed to provide inspiration for many bookmaking sessions.
Additional information about the contents and double page spreads from the book can be seen on the Viewpoint Editions website. <http://www.ViewpointEditions.com/> It will be available at the Monday Editions table at the Hybrid Book Conference in Philadelphia, June 4-6.
On Amazon you can “look inside this book” and order Book + Art for $16.49 but through July 31st Book + Art can be ordered for $15 using the code BOOKART from North Light’s MyCraftivityStore.
You can see more at: <http://www.DotKrause.com>